5 Unusual Wedding Venues
Choosing a venue for your wedding can be difficult. There are thousands of places out there to be considered, depending on what you consider your ideal wedding. With this in mind I thought I?d search the web for unique, funky exciting venues that make your local pub look not so appealing! Here are 5 Unusual Wedding Venues.
- Blue Bell Tents Luxury Outdoor Accommodation, Elmore, Gloucestershire
Blue Bells Tents is perfect for a couple who love the outdoors or have always dreamed of having their wedding set in field. That’s right, a field. Blue Bell Tents are beautiful and original luxurious “boutique” camping alternatives for weddings. The tents are all set out with double beds (no sign of airbeds or sleeping bags), cosy duvets, mirrors, shelves & even coat hangers! This isn’t just ordinary camping; it’s a beautiful outdoor setting for a wedding in the countryside.
- Dirty Martini Club, Mayfair, London
For a wedding a little bit more glamorous; why not tie the knot in Dirty Martini? Located in Mayfair, Dirty Martini is a stylish bar decorated with beautiful chandeliers, textured tiles, deluxe banquettes and a stunning bottle wall design. This sort of venue is perfect for anyone who loves a party, especially as there is a lounge dedicated to Martini’s!
- Sea Life London Aquarium, Central London This is a venue that takes getting married to a whole new level. How about getting married amongst fish? It doesn’t sound too appealing when I say it like that. Let me rephrase, how about getting married in a dramatic shipwreck, surrounded by a floor to ceiling ocean tunnel, full of rare and beautiful fish? Much better! Sea Life London Aquarium is located next to the London Eye & holds all of the facilities you need for a perfect wedding. You can dine, dance & drink all in a shipwreck.
- HMS President (1918) Boat, London
Said to be ‘a floating jewel’, HMS President is permanently moored in London offering a stunning venue for a memorable wedding. This is also perfect for lazy couples, offering an experienced team to arrange the day for you. It’s not every day you can say you got married on a boat!
- The Natural History Museum, London Last but not least has got to be my favourite of the wedding venues I’ve come across, the Natural History Museum. By day this is a huge tourist attraction displaying dinosaur skeletons & life-size models of the world’s largest animals, but also the Natural History Museum is available as a wedding venue. Why not hire out the Central Hall and wow your guests with stunning architecture, a beautiful Victorian staircase & a magical backdrop. With candle light flickering up into the soaring arches, no space creates a more magical ambience for your fairy tale wedding. This may seem a very over the top venue but if you’re looking for a day to remember then the Natural History Museum will certainly not disappoint!
Gabriella Chilton works for ComparetheDiamond.com (formerly diamondgeezer.com), designers & manufacturers of engagement rings & wedding rings.